Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Spiced Bourbon Apple Pie

Spiced Bourbon Apple Pie

Just in time for autumn! 


Ingredients:
3-4 sour apples, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tablespoon corn starch, 2 tablespoons bourbon, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional).
Directions:
Peel and thinly slice the apples. As you can see from the photo I believe in very thinly sliced apples. The thinner your slices the more area for the spiced bourbon coating to stick to. I use a Mandoline and highly recommend them. It's one of my favorite kitchen tools. Set aside your apples and in a small bowl whisk together the milk, corn starch, bourbon, cinnamon and sugar. Pour over the apples and gently mix them up so that all slices get coated. Add in the pecans if using. Roll out your pie crust and lay in your prepared baking dish. Pour in the filling and lay on the top pie crust. Make sure to add a few slits to the top pie crust to allow steam to escape as baking. I crimped my edges using the side of a fork and I added a little label using Alphabet Cookie Cutters. Brush the top with an egg wash and bake at 375 F for an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment